Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Round Robin at Scraps Of Darkness

"Maichiru" is a term used by the Japanese people to describe the cherry blossoms as they fall. The term simply means "dancing blossom"  I have used the "True Romance" kit from Scraps of Darkness here with some dusty attic chippies from the kit and the SOD store.  The Japanese religion "Shinto" says that all features of the natural world acquire their own innate God or spirit and that once a tree has it's own God dwelling within it can house the spirits of the dead inside.  They are such a spiritual people and so resilient, I just found this belief so beautiful!
Here I have layered some Webster's Pages bling with an MS punch and topped it off with a few Prima flowers from the kit.

Dusty Attic Corner Flourish #3 from the Main kit here.  I first used some Black Soot ink then embossed with Lindy's Ruby Midnight Obsidion Embossing Powder.  The color in person is stunning with the pinks and blacks in the LO, but so hard to photograph!

I first inked the DA cherry blossom with white acrylic from tim Holtz, then brushed on some Shimmerz hottie pink, dotted the centers with some black soot acrylic and topped off with Sparklicious and hit it with the heat tool.  The emerging blooms are bark are simple ink colors from my colorbox pallet.

1 comment:

  1. yeah I went crazy and had to order directly from her! Now I just need more time...so I can stamp away. LOL Thank you for giving me so much to work with !! Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete